Episode 54: How to Get Started in Cybersecurity
In episode 54 of Cybersecurity Where You Are, co-host Sean Atkinson addresses how to get started in cybersecurity. He begins by looking at the different types of hard skills and soft skills that form the foundation of any cybersecurity career. Next, he draws upon his expertise to offer advice around certifications, learning a programming language, using a training provider, and building a portfolio. He also shares key insights into how you can make cybersecurity a rewarding career choice for years to come.
- Why Consider a Career in Cybersecurity?
- 7 Women in Tech Share Career Advice
- Pursuing a Career in Cybersecurity? Three Tips from an Industry Veteran
- Cybersecurity Career Q&A with CIS’ CISO
- Episode 24: How Do I Start a Career in Cybersecurity?
- Episode 45: The Importance of Mentorship
If you have some feedback or an idea for an upcoming episode of Cybersecurity Where You Are, let us know by emailing [email protected].