CIS harnesses the power of a global IT community to safeguard public and private organizations against cyber threats.
Start Secure, Stay Secure A CIS SecureSuite Membership combines and automates the CIS Benchmarks, CIS Controls, and CIS-CAT Pro into one powerful, time-saving cybersecurity resource for businesses, nonprofits, and governmental entities.
- Leverage remediation content for rapid CIS Benchmark implementation
- Connect with CIS staff and developers for technical support
Our security best practices are referenced global standards verified by an objective, volunteer community of cyber experts.
Secure Online Experience
CIS is an independent, non-profit organization with a mission to provide a secure online experience for all.
Blog post • 17 May 2018
Advisory • 16 May 2018
Blog post • 15 May 2018
Advisory • 14 May 2018
Newsletter • 11 May 2018
Advisory • 11 May 2018
Follow these tips to better secure your wireless network:
- Change your network name and the default password.
- Encrypt the data on your network.
- Make sure your firewall is running.
- Disable guest networks.
- Turn off Wi-Fi Protected Setup.