Cybersecurity for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises Using the CIS Controls
September 27, 2017
This webinar seeks to empower owners of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to protect their businesses with a small number of high priority actions based on the CIS Controls.
Taking the approach that not every small business owner is an IT wizard or cybersecurity ninja, this guide focuses on providing concrete steps to cybersecurity that can be achieved by SME organizations.
What you’ll learn:
- How to protect your business with a small number of high priority actions based on the CIS Controls for concerns such as theft of company information, website defacement, phishing attacks, ransomware, and data loss
- How to implement cost-effective solutions to protect your organization
- How to know your environment, protect your assets, and prepare your organization
- How to address challenges SMEs face when implementing a security program
- How realistic it is to implement the recommendations
- Answers to your questions during live Q&A
Tony Sager is a Senior Vice President and Chief Evangelist for CIS (The Center for Internet Security). In this role, he leads the development of the CIS Controls, a worldwide consensus project to find and support technical best practices in cybersecurity.
Kristin is the Director of Special Projects and Government Affairs at the National Cyber Security Alliance, a 2017 Presidential Leadership Scholar, Co-Chair at the National Institute of Standards and Technology/NICE Workgroup Workforce Management Subgroup, and Member of the Board of Advisors at the Center for Cyber Security and Intelligence Studies for the University of Detroit Mercy.
Hardeep Mehrotara, CISSP, CISA, GSEC
Hardeep is CIPA for Security and Risk Services at Prime Corp-BC that facilitates the sharing of information between agencies and real-time access to the vital data supporting the frontline policies, criminal investigations and crime analysis in British Columbia.
Russel is Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Russell is an Information Security leader with over 17 years of proven results in Health Care, Financial and Telecommunications industries. He is a recognized expert in information security who regularly develops and executes multi-year security transformation programs that are always aligned to key business objectives.