CIS Controls v8 at (Virtual) RSA Conference 2021!
The Center for Internet Security (CIS) is excited to be part of RSA Conference 2021 – the world’s leading information security conference and exposition. In fact, we’ll be launching CIS Controls Version 8 during the conference, and there are many opportunities to learn more about the updates.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, this year’s RSA Conference (RSAC) 2021 will be a fully virtual experience. The main event is May 17-20, and there are a number of related sessions that will be held in advance. We hope to see you there!
RSA Conference – Where the World Talks Security
RSAC began 30 years ago as a user conference for customers of RSA – the computer and network security company. The first conference consisted of just one panel discussion. In the ensuing decades, RSAC has grown into a series of events held around the world, annually attracting approximately 50,000 attendees. It’s “where the world talks security.”
At this year’s virtual conference, you can expect more than 200 traditional sessions, 24 informative tracks, 19 keynotes, and 90 digital expo sponsors. It’s a great way to keep up-to-date with cybersecurity news and trends!
CIS Controls at RSAC
Visit the CIS at the RSA Marketplace
See all of what CIS and the new Controls v8 has to offer by gaining access to our digital presence at the event.
- You must be registered for RSA. Access will open the day of the event (you will not be able to access booths until the event opens).
- Login to your RSA account
- Visit CIS at RSAC Marketplace
Cybersecurity experts from CIS are participating in panel discussions on cyber threats and future approaches to litigation with a focus on the upcoming release of CIS Controls v8.
Registration is required for attendance and to watch session and presentation recordings.
SANS: CIS Critical Controls: A Practical Introduction
2-DAY TUTORIAL: May 13-14, 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. PDT
- Chris Christianson, Senior Information Technology Consultant & Certified SANS Instructor, Rivial Data Security
CIS Controls involvement begins with a presentation led by certified SANS Instructor, Chris Christianson. Chris will lead a two-day training session on the CIS Controls and how they can be used to achieve good “cyber hygiene.”
What’s New with the CIS Controls v8
LIVE EVENT: May 17, 10:35 A.M. – 11:15 A.M. PDT
- Randy Marchany, Chief Information Security Officer, Virginia Tech
- Russell Eubanks, CEO/Owner, SecurityEverAfter.com
A discussion of the differences between CIS Controls v 7.1 and v8. The major rewrite of the CIS Controls, being released in May 2021, reflects core changes in today’s computing and infrastructure environments.
Your Breached Controls May Have Been Reasonable After All
Recorded Session Available for Viewing May 19, 2021
- Bill Sampson, Partner, Shook, Hardy and Bacon
- Chris Cronin, Principal, HALOCK Security Labs
- David Cohen, Counsel, Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- James Trilling, Attorney, Federal Trade Commission
- Phyllis Lee, Senior Director Controls, CIS
A panel discussion on how post-breach disputes will be resolved in the years to come.
In the Crosshairs: The State of Security in SLTT and SMB Organizations
Recorded Session Available for Viewing May 20, 2021
- Harry Perper, Principal Cybersecurity Technologist, The MITRE Corporation
- Lawrence Cruciana, President and CSE, Corporate Information Technologies
- Tony Sager, Senior Vice President & Chief Evangelist, CIS
A discussion of the threats against state, local, tribal, and territorial (SLTT) government entities, and small-to-midsize businesses, and what they have in common.
CIS Controls in RSAC Marketplace
An online exposition where cybersecurity professionals come to connect with hundreds of vendors, associations, and service providers around the world. Download CIS handouts and view videos on topics including CIS Controls v8, services for SLTT government entities, secure cloud computing, and how to make the most of security best practices.
We’re excited to see you (virtually) at RSA Conference 2021 and share the latest update to the CIS Controls!