CIS Cares Helps 15 Organizations in 2021, With More to Come
EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y., Nov. 4, 2021 – The Center for Internet Security, Inc. (CIS®) is committed to not only keeping our connected world a safer place, but also making it a more compassionate and caring place. CIS Cares is a division of the company dedicated to improving the lives of others through fundraising, donations, and volunteerism. In addition, because our company has shifted to remote work and our staff is now based in many parts of the country, our volunteer work has a greater reach. Often, our employees engage in volunteer work in their own communities, outside of CIS Cares. The company offers five paid volunteer days in support of this effort.
So far in 2021, CIS volunteers have contributed nearly $17,000 to 15 different organizations, with more to come.
In the first three quarters of 2021, we have:
- Cleaned and sanitized cat cubbies at Whiskers Animal Benevolent League
- Raised enough money to adopt 119 students into programs at Planet Bee
- Participated in the 37th Annual Golf Classic for the Food Bank of Northeastern NY
- Collected blankets and towels for Central Veterinary Hospital in Albany
- Sponsored Operation At Ease to benefit veterans and therapy dogs
- Donated 1,000 trees to the National Forest Foundation
- Donated handmade blankets to the Ronald McDonald House
- Collected and donated more than 50 cleaning and food items to 518 Free Store
- Weeded and made repairs at Camp Scully
- Helped provide summer meals for the Boys and Girls Club
- Collected books for Albany Medical Center
- Donated 5 laptops, school supplies, and scholarship funds to Girls Beyond Students
- Sponsored a hole for ASIS Golf Tournament
- Sponsored a Silent Auction for Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Corporate sponsor for Things of my Very Own
Rebecca Prado is one of the chairs for CIS Cares. She is proud to be a part of the charitable arm of the organization and helps coordinate activities. “Being involved and part of the CIS Cares team has given me the opportunity to give back to others, especially during these unforeseen times,” says Prado. “Volunteering is at the very core of being a human. No one has ever made it through life without someone else’s help.”
And there is still more to come before the year’s end. In Q4, Prado says there will be a heavy focus on giving back to the community. “Quarter four is during the holidays, which we know can be a difficult time for so many,” she says. “Giving back in any way, from donations to our time, is impactful and meaningful.”
Click here to learn more about CIS Cares.
The Center for Internet Security, Inc. (CIS®) makes the connected world a safer place for people, businesses, and governments through our core competencies of collaboration and innovation. We are a community-driven nonprofit, responsible for the CIS Critical Security Controls® and CIS Benchmarks™, globally recognized best practices for securing IT systems and data. We lead a global community of IT professionals to continuously refine these standards to proactively safeguard against emerging threats. Our CIS Hardened Images® provide secure, on-demand, scalable computing environments in the cloud. CIS is home to the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center® (MS-ISAC®), the trusted resource for cyber threat prevention, protection, response, and recovery for U.S. State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial (SLTT) government entities, and the Elections Infrastructure Information Sharing and Analysis Center® (EI-ISAC®), which supports the cybersecurity needs of U.S. election offices. To learn more, visit CISecurity.org or follow us on Twitter: @CISecurity.
CIS Media Relations Manager