SANS Securing the Human for Critical Infrastructure Protection
The North American Bulk Electric System (BEC) has become a prime target for cyber-criminals. In addition to the constant threat of cyber attacks, electric utilities are held to stringent regulatory and compliance guidelines regarding the security of our nation’s electrical production and distribution facilities. To ensure the proper safety and protection of our electrical grid and those who rely on it, as well as total compliance with the complex regulations that govern critical infrastructure, it is crucial that your employees and contractors be well-versed in information security.
To address this need, CIS is proud to partner with the SANS Institute to offer our members Securing the Human for Critical Infrastructure Protection Version 6 (STH.CIPv6). STH.CIPv6 provides the complete training solution you need to ensure that your employees and contractors who access the systems that run our nation’s power grid are effectively equipped to confront the data security problems and threats that uniquely affect electrical utilities.
STH.CIPv6 offers a comprehensive data security awareness program for electric utility providers that specifically targets what is often the weakest link in security: the human.
- STH.CIPv6 includes specially designed training modules precisely tailored to the distinctive cybersecurity needs of electric utilities.
- This program thoroughly addresses the multitude of industry guidelines and regulations established by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and the Department of Energy’s Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), critical areas that are simply not included in many traditional cybersecurity programs.
- In addition to the distinctive critical infrastructure training modules, the program also includes 24 modules from the popular SANS Securing the Human End-User (STH.EndUser) program.
- This unique program provides flexible online training that your staff can complete on their own schedule, at their own pace, and from the comfort of their own workstation.
- You can now purchase STH.CIPv6 through CIS at a dramatically discounted rate.
An Exclusive Opportunity
CIS is proud to partner with SANS, an international leader in designing and delivering comprehensive cybersecurity training programs.
- As a SANS partner, CIS is offering extremely competitive volume purchasing discounts of up to 70 percent for all Multi-State Information Sharing & Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) members, as well as other state, local, tribal, and territorial governments, nonprofit organizations, and public education and healthcare institutions.
- Our close partnership with SANS allows CIS to provide your organization the opportunity to purchase this and other essential information security training tools at a steep discount, making them the ideal cost-effective solution to your organization’s training needs.
How to Purchase
- The next deep-discount purchasing window for STH.CIPv6 is from December 1, 2017, through January 31, 2018.
- Window Discount Price: $2,750 minimum order for 1 year of training for up to 50 users; $55 per user after that.
- Special pricing for buying STH.CIPv6 outside of the deep-discount buy window is available; please contact us with questions.
- If you are interested in bundling this purchase with other SANS products, please contact us for details on what can and cannot be bundled.
- To request a free demo or purchase STH.CIPv6, please visit: http://www.sans.org/partnership/cis
For More Information
- To learn more about the SANS.CIPv6 program, please visit: http://securingthehuman.sans.org/security-awareness-training/CIP
- If you have any questions about this procurement, feel free to contact the CIS CyberMarket team at 518-880-0770 or email email@example.com