Akamai Enterprise Threat Protector
Proactive Protection Against Zero-Day Malware
Enterprise Threat Protector proactively identifies, blocks, and mitigates targeted threats such as malware, ransomware, phishing, DNS data exfiltration, and advanced zero-day attacks. Enterprise Threat Protector is a Secure Internet Gateway (SIG) that enables security teams to ensure that users and devices can safely connect to the Internet, regardless of where they are connecting from, without the complexity associated with legacy approaches.
We’re Constantly Monitoring Enterprise Threats
This real-time visualization shows the phishing, malware, and command & control threats that Akamai is blocking (for customers) through its Intelligent Platform and its unprecedented insights into DNS and IP traffic.
Uses: Enterprise Threat Protector
- Improve Security Posture Everywhere: Your recursive DNS is likely unprotected, and as such, could be exploited. In a matter of minutes, add a layer of security that uses DNS as a control point to uniformly and immediately block malicious domains and communications for all of your users, whether they are on or off network.
- Secure Direct Internet Access (DIA) Connections: Protect your branch DIA traffic quickly with zero complexity, without replicating your security stack at every location.
- Protect Guest Wi-Fi: Easily enforce an acceptable use policy (AUP) across your guest Wi-Fi for both brand and user protection.
Features: Enterprise Threat Protector
- Real-Time Akamai Threat Intelligence: Up-to-the-minute threat intelligence with low false positives based on Akamai’s visibility into 15-30% of daily web traffic, 2.2 trillion recursive DNS requests, and proprietary data science algorithms.
- Analysis and Reporting: Real-time insight via an easy-to-use dashboard into all outbound enterprise DNS traffic, as well as threat and acceptable use policy events.
- Inline Real-time Payload Analysis: Three advanced malware detection engines identify and block complex advanced threats and improve zero-day protection.
- Logging: DNS logs are retained for 30 days and can easily be exported as a .CSV file or integrated into a SIEM for further analysis.
- Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) Management: Customize and enforce your enterprise AUP and ensure compliance by limiting access to certain content categories.
- Security Insights: Quickly understand why Akamai has added a domain or a URL to its threat intelligence lists.
- Customer-Categorized Threat Customization: Integrate existing threat intelligence feeds, extending value from your existing security investments.
- DNSSEC: All DNS requests sent to Enterprise Threat Protector have DNSSEC enabled.
How Does Enterprise Threat Protector Work?
Enterprise Threat Protector uses multiple layers of protection — DNS, URL, and inline payload analysis — to deliver optimal security and reduced complexity, without impacting performance.
By simply directing your external recursive DNS traffic to Enterprise Threat Protector, all requested domains are checked against Akamai’s real-time domain risk scoring threat intelligence.
Safe domains are resolved as normal, malicious domains are blocked, and risky domains are sent to a smart selective proxy where the HTTP or HTTPS URLs are inspected to determine if they are malicious. The HTTP and HTTPS payloads from risky domains are then scanned in real-time using multiple advanced malware-detection engines.
- Marshall Community Schools – Marshall School District added a critical security layer with Enterprise Threat Protector, giving Marshall’s IT resources peace of mind regarding the threat of malicious attacks and enabling them to focus on other priorities. Read the Story.
- Cranfield University – Cranfield University added a simple yet effective DNS security layer to its network with Akamai Enterprise Threat Protector. The university is better able to block, monitor, and mitigate threats while keeping the network open to users. Read the Story.
Pricing, Ordering, Questions, and Contact
Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis (MS-ISAC) and Elections Infrastructure Information Sharing & Analysis Center (EI-ISAC) members, as well as other state, local, tribal, and territorial governments, nonprofit organizations, and public education and healthcare institutions can purchase Akamai's Enterprise Threat Protector at a discounted rate through CIS CyberMarket. For questions, product, or pricing information, contact email@example.com or call the CIS CyberMarket team at 518-880-0770.
For purchasing information, visit the Akamai page on Carahsoft, our contract vehicle partner for this CIS CyberMarket purchasing opportunity at https://www.carahsoft.com/vendors/akamai
For additional product documentation, whitepapers, case studies, videos, testimonies, etc., please visit the Enterprise Threat Protector page on the Akamai website for more details at https://www.akamai.com/us/en/products/security/enterprise-threat-protector.jsp