The Beginner’s Guide to Secure Cloud Configurations
Over the past decade, organizations around the world rapidly shifted how they use IT platforms, networks, and devices to support their missions. Technological advances in the cloud made it possible to outsource data storage to cloud service providers (CSPs) so seamlessly that most end users never even noticed the transition.
The ongoing improvements to the speed, capabilities, and reliability of cloud computing provides efficiencies of scale that enable rapid deployment of cloud products and services. This transformation has not been without its challenges, however. Chief among them is the need to ensure security and the protection of data in a cloud environment.
This micro e-book from the Center for Internet Security, Inc. (CIS®) includes the following topics:
- Understanding shared cloud security responsibility
- Begin at the beginning: What are CIS Benchmarks™?
- New resource: CIS Cloud Product Benchmarks
- The specifics of CIS Cloud Product and Services Benchmarks
- An evolution of secure cloud configurations
- A faster way to VM security: CIS Hardened Images®
- Contribute: Get involved with CIS communities
- Learn more: Access these cloud security resources