CIS Controls Implementation Guide for Industrial Control Systems Launch Event
June 28, 2018 at 10:00 am EDT
This webinar will discuss the CIS Controls Version 7 and the unique constraints and opportunities in Industrial Control Systems (ICS) environments as well as how the volunteers tailored the CIS Controls to meet the unique these constraints and opportunities.
While many of the core security concerns of enterprise IT systems are shared by ICS operators, the main challenge in applying best practices to ICS is tied to the fact that these systems typically operate software and hardware that directly control physical equipment or processes. Compounding this issue is the fact that many of systems not only often have high availability requirements, but also are often the underpinning of critical infrastructure. To address these challenges, CIS brought together various experts in the ICS field to identify what are the essential security controls to protect an ICS environment.
What you will learn:
- The unique constraints and opportunities for applying traditional security controls in an ICS environment,
- How to leverage the newly volunteer-developed ICS guide, CIS Controls Implementation Guide for ICS, and
- Learn about the challenges and suggestions in preparing for an incident in the ICS environment.
- Doug Wylie-The SANS Institute, Director of the SANS Industrials & Infrastructure (I&I) Practice Area, CISSP
- Phil Langlois -CIS, CIS Controls Technical Product Manager
- Adam Boeckman – Great Bay Software, Cybersecurity Engineer Specialist, CEH and GICSP
- Andy Gaither – NV Energy, Operational Technology Manager