Episode 60: Guiding Vendors to IoT Security by Design
In episode 60 of Cybersecurity Where You Are, co-host Sean Atkinson is joined by Kathleen Moriarty, CTO at the Center for Internet Security (CIS); Ben Carter, Internet of Things (IoT) specialist at CIS; and Kaitlin Drape, Research and Innovation Process Lead at CIS. Together, they discuss a white paper they recently released that guides IoT vendors on how to build security into their products by default and by design. Kathleen, Ben, and Kaitlin begin by reflecting on why they created such a document in the first place. After explaining some of what went into drafting the white paper, they look to the future and note how IoT frameworks such as theirs helps to shift left IoT security toward purchasing decisions.
- Follow Kathleen and Ben on LinkedIn
- Embedded IoT Security: Helping Vendors in the Design Process
- Episode 33: The Shift-Left of IoT Security to Vendors
- CIS Controls v8 Internet of Things & Mobile Companion Guides
- Making Security Simpler for Organizations Big and Small
If you have some feedback or an idea for an upcoming episode of Cybersecurity Where You Are, let us know by emailing [email protected].