Episode 34: A Survey of Hacking in Hollywood
In episode 34 of Cybersecurity Where You Are, co-host Sean Atkinson and Chris Elgee, a senior security analyst and Core NetWars Tournament design lead for Counter Hack, look back at how Hollywood has portrayed hacking over the years. They cover long-standing crowd favorites like Hackers, Sneakers, and Mr. Robot along with some lesser-known gems. The overarching trend? Viewers are getting more computer-literate, so the way in which Hollywood portrays hacking is evolving in a way that not only satisfies audiences but also raises their awareness of cybersecurity.
- Follow Chris on LinkedIn
- Election Security Spotlight – Black, Gray, & White Hat Hackers
- CIS Critical Security Control 18: Penetration Testing
- Election Security Spotlight – Social Engineering
- Hack the Human: End-User Training and Tips to Combat Social Engineering
- MS-ISAC Security Primer – Spear Phishing