New CIS Hardened Images for Windows STIG, SUSE, and Ubuntu
VMs Pre-configured to the CIS Benchmarks
- Deploy pre-configured images across networks – Administrators can feel confident knowing that the images conform to the CIS Benchmarks.
- Eliminate upfront investments – Avoid hardware purchasing, software licensing, secure configuration, and maintenance by working securely in the cloud.
- Purchase them from major cloud marketplaces – CIS Hardened Images are available on AWS, Azure, GCP, and Oracle Cloud Marketplaces.
New CIS Hardened Images for Microsoft and Linux
Access the newly released CIS Hardened Images for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 STIG on the following platforms:
- AWS: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 STIG
- Azure: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 STIG
- GCP: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 STIG
- Oracle Cloud: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 STIG
Operating on Ubuntu Linux or SUSE Linux? Secure your VM by launching one of these CIS Hardened Images:
- AWS: Ubuntu Linux 20.04
- AWS: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
- Azure: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
- Azure: Ubuntu Linux 20.04
- GCP: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
- GCP: Ubuntu Linux 20.04
- OCI: Ubuntu Linux 20.04
Cost-Effective, Regularly Patched, Secure VMs
CIS Hardened Images are an affordable option to secure virtual machines at $0.02 per compute hour. Since 2016, users have consumed more than 887.8 million compute hours of CIS Hardened Images.
CIS updates Windows Images each month in alignment with the Microsoft patch schedule as well as Linux Images incorporating applicable operating system and software patches. New versions of CIS Hardened Images (regardless of their OS) are developed and made available any time there is a major or minor update to the corresponding CIS Benchmark .
CIS STIG Hardened Images Benefit the Public Sector
Staying secure can be especially challenging for those working in a regulated environment. CIS Benchmarks are recognized as an acceptable standard to meet a portion of PCI DSS, NIST, FedRAMP, HIPAA, and DoD Cloud Computing SRG compliance.
CIS STIG Hardened Images are a new option for configuring systems according to CIS and the STIGs in the cloud. Built to the recommendations of the CIS STIG Benchmarks, these Images contain:
- The existing consensus-based CIS Benchmark Level 1 and Level 2 profiles mapped to applicable STIG recommendations.
- A new Level 3 profile that includes additional requirements from the STIG that were not covered in the Level 1 and Level 2 profiles.
Using CIS Hardened Images built to CIS Benchmark recommendations can help IT professionals to not only secure their enterprise cloud environments, but also to provide evidence of compliance towards common frameworks.