Tactic: Impact (TA0040):
Technique: Network Denial of Service (T1498):
- Receipt of crafted TCP packets destined to the device results in MBUF leak (CVE-2023-22396)
- MAC limiting feature stops working after PFE restart/device reboot (CVE-2023-22405)
Successful exploitation of the most severe of these vulnerabilities could allow for denial of service conditions in the targeted networking device. Depending on how the network is set up, there is a possibility of a network outage.
- Apply appropriate updates provided by Juniper Networks to vulnerable systems immediately after appropriate testing. (M1051: Update Software)
- Safeguard 7.1: Establish and Maintain a Vulnerability Management Process: Establish and maintain a documented vulnerability management process for enterprise assets. Review and update documentation annually, or when significant enterprise changes occur that could impact this Safeguard.
- Safeguard 7.4: Perform Automated Application Patch Management: Perform application updates on enterprise assets through automated patch management on a monthly, or more frequent, basis.
- Safeguard 7.6 : Perform Automated Vulnerability Scans of Externally-Exposed Enterprise Assets: Perform automated vulnerability scans of externally-exposed enterprise assets using a SCAP-compliant vulnerability scanning tool. Perform scans on a monthly, or more frequent, basis.
- Safeguard 7.7: Remediate Detected Vulnerabilities: Remediate detected vulnerabilities in software through processes and tooling on a monthly, or more frequent, basis, based on the remediation process.