Call for Speakers for Privacy. Security. Risk. 2017
CIS is proud to be partnering with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) to help develop Privacy. Security. Risk. 2017, IAPP’s premiere annual conference for exploring the connection between information security and data privacy, being held in San Diego on October 15-18, 2017.
CIS’ Senior Director of Critical Controls Development, Kathryn Burns, has been named to the volunteer board assisting IAPP in selecting the best speakers and topics for their planned 30+ sessions at the conference.
IAPP has asked us to reach out to our members to tap into your expertise in security policy to develop in-depth and high-level content aimed at fellow CISOs and CIOs looking to better connect and collaborate with their privacy team, and vice versa. The event’s call for speakers is open until March 17, 2017.
We’re excited to offer our members the opportunity to potentially speak at this conference. IAPP's 2016 event was attended by over 1300 privacy and security professionals, and featured presentations from:
· Gerhard Eschelbeck - VP, Security & Privacy Engineering, Google
· Chris Kelly - Former Chief Privacy Officer, Facebook
· Brendon Lynch - Chief Privacy Officer, Microsoft Corporation
· Brad Arkin - Vice President & Chief Security Officer, Adobe
· Maureen Ohlhausen - Acting Chairwoman, Federal Trade Commission
· Rodney J. Petersen - Director, National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE), National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
· Bruno Gencarelli - Head of Data Protection Unit, European Commission, European Union (EU)
· Susan Goodman - Chief Privacy Office, City of Seattle
Members interested in submitting a session proposal can do so by visiting https://iapp.org/conference/privacy-security-risk/proposal