Who We Are
The Center for Internet Security (CIS) is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to enhancing the cybersecurity readiness and response among public and private sector entities. Utilizing its strong industry and government partnerships, CIS combats evolving cybersecurity challenges on a global scale and helps organizations adopt key best practices to achieve immediate and effective defenses against cyber attacks. CIS is home to the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC), CIS Security Benchmarks, and CIS Critical Security Controls. To learn more follow us on Twitter at @CISecurity.
The CIS Mission
- Identify, develop, validate, promote, and sustain best practices in cybersecurity;
- Deliver world-class security solutions to prevent and rapidly respond to cyber incidents; and
- Build and lead communities to enable an environment of trust in cyberspace.
The CIS Values
- Operate with INTEGRITY - doing the right thing; being accountable for our actions and conducting ourselves in a professional manner with transparency and consistency.
- Commit to EXCELLENCE - providing the highest quality service and superior results in all that we do.
- Embody COLLABORATION - to be truly successful we must be inclusive; working together for a common purpose.
- Focus on our PARTNERS - knowing and listening to our customers and partners; understanding their needs and tailoring our services and products to them.
- Support our EMPLOYEES - building a positive family atmosphere, encouraging a healthy work/life balance, professional and personal development, wellness, innovation and creativity.
- Promote TEAMWORK - communicating openly, providing timely and useful information; collaborating and cooperating across our organization and with our partners.
- Remain AGILE - never losing our flexible, responsive approach to providing solutions to our customers' needs; anticipating and preparing for both challenges and opportunities before they arise.
Table of Contents | 2014 Annual Report
- Welcome Message
- Who We Are
- 2014 at a Glance
- Highlights of Our Year
- Integrated Intelligence Center Security Operations Center
- Computer Emergency Response Team
- Intel Analysis
- Multi-State Information Sharing & Analysis Center
- Nationwide Cyber Security Review
- Making Security Affordable
- CIS Cares
- Making Security Practical
- CIS Leadership
- Board of Directors
- Executive Team