Senior Technical Product Specialist
About the Job
The Senior Technical Product Specialist is assigned to the Security Controls and Automation (SCA) Team at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the SCA Operations Lead, the Senior Technical Product Specialist will partner with other cybersecurity team members to promote the CIS mission and help continue our growth. The position is primarily responsible for all aspects of supporting SCA products. This includes customer facing as well as internally facing responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for handling Tier 2 and 3 level support issues with respect to our Security Configuration Benchmarks, Benchmark Development Platform and Configuration Audit Tool (CIS-CAT)
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and technology issues
- Responsible for growing and strengthening the relationship between CIS and benchmark member organizations. This individual will play a key role as the first point of contact for technical issues for members.
- Provide first class service to current Benchmarks Members
- Provide individual training and orientation to benchmarks users
- Assist with ongoing development of benchmark derivatives (virtual machine images, automated assessment/remediation content, etc.)
- Documentation, testing, and modification of virtual machine images related to machine operating systems
- Assist with oversight and management of the official OVAL Repository
- Assist with consensus community communications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related field or an Associate degree and two years of related work experience, to include but not limited to information technology, information security, cyber security or related fields
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for the education requirements
- System Administration experience, specifically Tier 2 and 3 level support
- Programming experience (various languages), scripting (PowerShell, *nix shell scripting, Python, Ruby), AWS (operation + API), other cloud infrastructure, GitHub, Windows, *nix, Network Devices, databases, Web servers, application servers, Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence), scrum/agile.
- Industry recognized operations and/or security certifications are a plus (ex: CISSP, GIAC, ITIL Foundations etc.)
Personal and Professional Qualities
The successful candidate will possess the personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within a dynamic and highly operational not-for-profit environment. This person will have exemplary personal and professional integrity and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. In addition, the qualified candidate will have a strong desire to succeed in a nationally and internationally recognized operational environment.
CIS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, on-site wellness program, community involvement opportunities, along with an environment that promotes growth and professional development.