Senior Technical Product Specialist
About the Job
The Senior Technical Product Specialist is assigned to the Security Best Practices and Automation (SBPA) Team at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the SBPA Operations Lead the Senior Technical Product Specialist will partner with other cybersecurity team members to promote the CIS mission and help support our growth. The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for all aspects of supporting SBPA products. This includes customer facing as well as internally facing responsibilities.
Here’s a Snapshot of your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for handling Tier 2 and 3 level support issues with respect to our Security Configuration Benchmarks (CIS Benchmarks), Benchmark Development Platform (CIS Workbench), and Configuration Audit Tools (CIS Secure Suite).
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and technology issues.
- Responsible for growing and strengthening the relationship between CIS and benchmark member organizations. This individual will play a key role as the first point of contact for technical issues for members.
- Provide first-class service to current Benchmarks Members
Assist with ongoing development of benchmark derivatives (virtual machine images, automated assessment/remediation content, etc.).
- Documentation, testing, and modification of virtual machine images related to machine operating systems.
- Assist with oversight and management of the official OVAL Repository.
- Assist with consensus community communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for in you?
- Bachelor's degree* in Information Technology, Information Security, Cybersecurity or related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of related work experience as described in the duties above.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- The personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within a dynamic and highly operational not-for-profit environment.
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity.
- Strong desire to succeed in a nationally and internationally recognized operational environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
*Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications may be substituted for the education requirements.
- System Administration experience, specifically Tier 2 and 3 level support.
- Programming experience (various languages), scripting (PowerShell, *nix shell scripting, Python, Ruby), AWS (operation + API), other cloud infrastructure, GitHub, Windows, *nix, Network Devices, databases, Web servers, application servers, Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence), scrum/agile.
- Industry recognized operations and/or security certifications are a plus (ex: CISSP, GIAC, ITIL Foundations etc.).
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities
If you think you’d be a good fit for the Senior Technical Product Specialist and would be a great addition to our Team, then we want to hear from you!