Senior Technical Analyst
**CIS is no longer accepting resumes for this position**
About the Job
The Senior Technical Analyst is assigned to the CIS Controls team within the Security Best Practices division at the Center for Internet Security. The CIS Controls are a set of prioritized cybersecurity best practices developed by international IT experts to help organizations defend against common cyber threats. The CIS Controls represent the foundational actions that every organization can take to improve their cybersecurity posture. Reporting to the Director of Controls, the Senior Technical Analyst will support the CIS mission through building and managing online communities of volunteers who develop cybersecurity best practices. As such, the candidate will be knowledgeable about cybersecurity standards, trends and practices and able to interact with communities of security experts. Responsibilities will include training and facilitating volunteers in the consensus development process, technical writing, editing, and ensuring the quality of the work products
Here’s a Snapshot of your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the online development and writing process for CIS Controls security best practice companion guides.
- Learn and leverage the CIS proprietary collaboration platform, Workbench, for CIS Controls development.
- Research, develop and document technical metrics, artifacts, and workflows relevant to the CIS Controls and other best practices.
- Initiate content review processes, consolidate input from contributors and coordinate with external reviewers.
- Perform technical editing and quality assurance on CIS products.
- Conduct analysis and technical mapping to ensure CIS best practices align with major compliance frameworks, such as NIST, ISO, and COBIT.
- Draft white papers or blogs on how CIS best practices help organizations to improve security.
- Apply project management practices to development activities, tracking milestones and due dates, while moderating volunteer dialog.
- Identify, vet, and train new volunteer members in the CIS development process.
- Work with marketing department to manage the publication and advertising processes.
- Assist in gathering and maintaining an “ecosystem” of white papers, work aids, and tools to support Controls users.
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for in you?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, IT, or related field.
- 2+ years of professional experience in Cybersecurity, IT operations and/or IT security field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cybersecurity principles, terminology, standards, and frameworks such as NIST, FISMA, and ISO.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current U.S. cybersecurity landscape and roles in government.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management, conducting research and supporting online communities.
- Industry recognized certifications are a plus (ex. GIAC), preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Drive innovation by analyzing and interpreting data to test and inform a new initiative or approach.
- Accountable for successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate.
- Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met.
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities