National Cyber Security and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) Liaison
This position will be located in the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) National Cyber Security and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) in Arlington, VA. The MS-ISAC has analysts co-located with the NCCIC which serves as a centralized location where the operational elements involved in communications and cyber response activities are physically and virtually co-located. The NCCIC is staffed and structured to be an “always ready” multi-agency incident response center and as a result, this position may be required to work alternate shifts and/or weekends.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Cyber Security Analyst team member for the Multi-State and Elections Infrastructure (MS/EI) ISAC’s to help coordinate and report on cyber incidents impacting SLTT governments. The candidate will provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices as well as external data sources. The candidate will provide incident response support when analysis confirms an actionable incident, as well as provide threat and vulnerability analysis and security advisory services. The candidate will integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams. This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations which may necessitate extended or rotational hours of work.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform as an on-site liaison between the DHS NCCIC and partner organizations and the MS-ISAC/EI-ISAC Security Operations Center in East Greenbush, NY.
- Report and share information with NCCIC components related to significant cyber incidents impacting State, Tribal, Territorial or Local Government; triage and correlate cyber security incidents; provide technical assistance as necessary; perform analysis to protect and secure sensitive information and systems; provide updates to the NCCIC as to the cyber security posture of the State, local, tribal and territorial sector.
- Build and maintain relationships with NCCIC components and partners. Partners will range from analyst to leadership level.
- Gain understanding for the information requirements of other organizations within the NCCIC to allow the Senior Liaison to work/share information effectively.
- Responsible for providing MS/EI-ISAC overview and technical capabilities briefings to internal and external NCCIC stakeholders.
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Investigate, document, and report on any information security issues and emerging trends.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Must currently hold US Security Clearance (Top Secret/SCI)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, information assurance or related field
- 4-6 years’ experience in a cybersecurity operations environment
- Working knowledge of various security methodologies and processes
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Knowledge of IT security principles and standards
- Understanding of various IT vulnerabilities and threats
- Knowledge of the Intelligence Community and proper handling of classified material
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
*Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
It's A Plus if You Have:
- Knowledge of configuring and implementing technical security solutions (firewalls and intrusion detection systems).
- Skill in applying advanced IT principles, concepts, methods, and standards.
- M.S. degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or information assurance.
- Industry recognized certifications a plus (ex: CISSP, GIAC).
Must Be Able To:
- Drive innovation by analyzing and interpreting data to test and inform a new initiative or approach
- Be accountable for successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate
- Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities