Senior Director – Security Services
The Senior Director - Security Services (SD-SS) is assigned to the Operations Team at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the SD - SS will work closely with the Senior Director - Security Operations and other team members to promote the CIS mission and help continue our growth. The primary purpose of this position is to lead and manage multiple Operations Divisions and collaboratively work with the SD – SO on technical projects. Additionally, this role will serve as a resource for the research, development and recommendation of tools and technologies supporting the operations of the MS-ISAC. The SD - SS will make recommendations to the VP of Operations of technology related to new Operations initiatives and in addition will consult with the Director of Information Technology on recommendation of new Operations technology, coordinating with the CIS Change Control Board, as appropriate.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage all aspects of multiple Operations divisions.
- Work closely with the SD – Security Operations playing a key role in technical, cross divisional Operations projects.
- Conduct research to assess technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the MS-ISAC. This includes evaluating new technology and making recommendations on technological solutions.
- Stay up to date on the latest technology threats and briefing staff on the same.
- Regularly evaluate technical efficiency of Operations technology assets and make recommendations for improvements, as necessary.
- Present at national and statewide conferences on behalf of the MS-ISAC.
- Participate in management decisions regarding technology purchases and deployment.
- Maintain current on information related to technology standards and compliance regulations.
- Recommend the MS-ISAC’s strategic technical direction, development and future growth.
- Demonstrate and support the organization’s leadership principles.
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technologies and recommend methodologies for successful implementation.
- Coordinate the implementation of approved initiatives with the Director of Information Technology and the CIS Change Control Board.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related field.*
- 5+ years’ experience in mission-oriented leadership/management roles leading, managing, coaching, and/or mentoring individuals and/or teams.
- 5+ years’ experience with project management and coordination.
- 8+ years of experience managing and researching technology solutions.
- Working Knowledge of IDS, IPS and SIEM technology.
- Substantial working knowledge of cyber security threats and mitigation strategies.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
*Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
It's a Plus If You Have:
- Technical expertise in a broad range of areas including SOC operations, incident response, penetration testing, threat management and vulnerability management.
- Master’s degree in computer science, information assurance, or related field.
- Industry related certification such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA etc.
Must Be Able To:
- Lead communications and initiatives across teams to promote organization-wide opportunities for innovation.
- Oversee the launch, implementation, and monitoring of multiple projects across teams and departments; provide timely feedback and recognition regarding timelines and quality of deliverables.
- Deliver thoughts that are well organized, concise, and succinct; endorse and lead opportunities for staff to communicate upward feedback; clearly communicate strategic priorities across teams/departments.
- Oversee the promotion and broad delivery of innovation across the organization; ensure new approaches, initiatives, and/or knowledge is communicated in a timely manner and with common messaging.
- Align the strategic priorities of the organization to team/department goals; provide opportunities for vertical and horizontal communication to allow for progress reporting on deliverables and recommending course change adjustments, as needed.
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities