Senior Data Intelligence Analyst
About the Job
The Senior Data Intelligence Analyst is assigned to the Operations Division at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the Operations Data Intelligence Manager, the Senior Data Intelligence Analyst will partner with other cybersecurity team members to promote the CIS mission and help support our growth. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a data Subject Matter Expert (SME) participating in a wide variety of data intelligence efforts for State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) government entities.
Here’s a Snapshot of your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide business analysis, project coordination, and data analysis skills to support Operations objectives.
- Collect and document project requirements, document functional and technical specifications and create and coordinate test plans based on requirements.
- Identify and elevate potential data risks and/or issues that may exist on projects.
- Make recommendations related to the design and enhancement of existing relational databases.
- Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Responsible for data validation, conducting Root Cause Analysis, developing solutions/recommendations and presenting to Sr. Leadership.
- Develop, create and distribute reports to a variety of audiences.
- Create and validate complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for in you?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science/Analytics or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge.
- Proficient in Oracle and 3 years hands-on experience in accessing (Data Mining) and manipulating data within relational databases.
- 3+ years SQL query writing experience.
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity operations, log analysis, net flow analysis, and a variety of security devices.
- Advanced skills in report development and data analysis.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, managing multiple competing priorities and assignments.
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to organize, maintain, process, and analyze vast amounts of information and complex issues and communicate findings in a clear, concise manner including verbally, graphically, and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- A strong team player working with multiple groups for a common operational goal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Maternity, paternity and military leave
- Paid time off upon the date of hire and more!
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities