Senior Application Developer
About the Job
The Senior Application Developer is assigned to the Operations Team at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Application Development, the Senior Application Developer will partner with other cybersecurity team members to promote the CIS mission and help support our growth. The primary purpose of this position is to assist with the maintenance and development of applications to support operations for a fully functional 24x7 Security Operations Center. This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis and emergency operations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
Here’s a Snapshot of your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain new and existing software applications.
- Create and maintain documentation of all applications.
- Maintain code in an appropriate repository.
- Lead Software Quality Assurance (SQA) efforts through the use of unit testing and integration testing and scheduled rollout of new/updated applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for in you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of application development experience.
- Expert level proficiency in PHP.
- Expert level proficiency in relational databases and SQL.
- Thorough documentation skills for both code and end user.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Experience with Laravel and Symfony frameworks.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (Python or Perl preferred).
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Maternity, paternity and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire and more!
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities