Senior Application Developer, SCA
The Senior Application Developer is assigned to the Security Controls and Automation (SCA) Team. The primary purpose of this position it to work as a member of the SCA team, to help create a one-of-a-kind security policy management system. This senior role requires a strong computer science background with an emphasis in Web Application Development and a DevOps mindset. We're building out a system that is based on the Laravel PHP framework, and hosted in AWS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain new and existing software applications
- Create and maintain documentation of all applications
- Maintain code in an appropriate repository
- Lead Software Quality Assurance (SQA) efforts through the use of unit testing and integration testing and scheduled roll out of new/updated applications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Thorough documentation skills for both code and end user
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience working with Laravel
- Experience with XML
Personal and Professional Qualities
The successful candidate will possess the personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within a dynamic and highly operational not-for-profit environment. This person will have exemplary personal and professional integrity and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. In addition, the qualified candidate will have a strong desire to succeed in a nationally and internationally recognized operational environment.
CIS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, on-site wellness program, community involvement opportunities, along with an environment that promotes growth and professional development.