Senior Account Management Specialist, MS-ISAC
*CIS is no longer accepting resumes for this position*
About the Job
The Sr. Account Management Specialist is assigned to the MS-ISAC team at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the Stakeholder Engagement Account Manager, the Sr. Account Management Specialist will partner with other cybersecurity team members to promote the CIS mission and help support our growth. The primary purpose of this position is to assist the MS-ISAC Account Manager with the support of MS-ISAC programs, objectives in the DHS Co-operative Agreement and provide services and support to the MS-ISAC membership to include but not limited to building and managing relationships with the MS-ISAC membership, member outreach, education and awareness, and the multiple workgroups managed by the MS-ISAC. These programs support the MS-ISAC mission as the focal point for cyber threat prevention, protection, response and recovery for the nation's state, local, territorial and tribal governments.
Here’s a Snapshot of your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform continual research and analysis to identify potential new members. This includes examining and assessing potential members based on product and services inquiries, registration attempts by non-members, participants in other CIS projects, etc.
- Coordinate the entire new member capture process from initial prospect identification thru signed membership agreements including coordinating the resolution of issues on agreement terms, purchasing requirements, etc. with a member prospect’s legal and/or finance team and the CIS Chief Counsel, Business Services and/or MS-ISAC management.
- Record, track and report on member prospects and qualified leads to MS-ISAC management and corporate Finance staff.
- Contribute to MS-ISAC marketing and outreach planning, in coordination with MS-ISAC managers. Assist in implementation of a variety of marketing and outreach activities to increase member retention and add new members.
- Assist MS-ISAC management and team members in ongoing collaboration on MS-ISAC services and support as well as CIS offerings. This includes tracking member requests, informational member meetings, and follow-up calls to members.
- Oversee interactions with members in response to inquiries about MS-ISAC products and services.
- Making recommendations to improve the MS-ISAC overall organization efficiency in managing our interface with members and trusted partners by developing new reporting and communication capabilities with the membership.
- Reporting periodically (weekly/monthly) on activities, deliverables and any issues that arise.
- Updating and enhancing program tools, software, instruments and portals based on feedback from the MS-ISAC membership.
- Outreach to SLTTs to encourage participation in MS-ISAC programs.
- Provide timely individualized customer service to members and partners.
- Providing technical support in the use of MS-ISAC Programs tools and portals.
- Assisting in the preparation and presenting program results to management that may include MS-ISAC membership and federal partners.
- Corresponding with members as needed by the program.
- Support and manage the goals of the MS-ISAC workgroups.
- Scheduling member meetings, teleconferences, etc. and providing minutes/notes on important items from such events to appropriate Division staff.
- Assisting MS-ISAC management developing program budgets and financial forecasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for in you?
- Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of work experience as related to the duties described above.
- Proven ability in building and maintaining successful relationships with prospective and existing members.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- The personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within a dynamic and highly operational not-for-profit environment
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity
- Strong desire to succeed in a nationally and internationally recognized operational environment
- Project Management experience and industry-recognized certifications are a plus (ex: CISSP, GIAC), preferred
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Maternity, paternity and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire and more!
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities