Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
About the Job
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst position is assigned to the Security Operations unit. The primary purpose of this position is to help coordinate and report on cyber incidents impacting State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) governments. This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for working in a 24x7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Coordinate with Intel analysts on open source activities impacting SLTT governments.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- 1-3 years' experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain National Security Clearance
- SQL knowledge highly desirable
- GCIA, GCIH, or other related certifications preferred
Personal and Professional Qualities
The successful candidate will possess the personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within a dynamic and highly operational not-for-profit environment. This person will have exemplary personal and professional integrity and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. In addition, the qualified candidate will have a strong desire to succeed in a nationally and internationally recognized operational environment.
CIS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, on-site wellness program, community involvement opportunities, along with an environment that promotes growth and professional development.