Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst position is assigned to the Security Operations Team. The primary purpose of this position is to help coordinate and report on cyber incidents impacting State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) governments. This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
Snapshot of your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for working in a 24x7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Coordinate with Intel analysts on open source activities impacting SLTT governments.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for in you?
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.*
- 1+ years' experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications.
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain National Security Clearance.
*Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- SQL knowledge highly desirable.
- GCIA, GCIH, or other related certifications.
- Drive innovation by analyzing and interpreting data to test and inform a new initiative or approach.
- Accountable for successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate.
- Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met.
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities