Office Manager (Washington D.C.)
The Office Manager is assigned to the Administrative team at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Security Best Practices, the Office Manager will partner with other cybersecurity team members to promote the CIS mission and help support our growth. The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to CIS’s Washington D.C. location in various disciplines including facility management, human resources, procurement, Internet research and meeting and event coordination.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the activities of the CIS Washington D.C. office location and act as the liaison with corporate team members and business partners.
- Responsible for facility management including landlord relations, space coordination, security and office space planning and scheduling.
- Act as point person for all communications to the office including greeting visitors, vendors, service providers, and coordinating incoming requests, calls, and mailings
- Coordinate procurement activities to meet the needs of the staff (i.e., supplies, printing, and equipment).
- Work with corporate IT team to support equipment needs, upgrades and changes.
- Provide HR support under the direction of the CIS Corporate Human Resources Team, by assisting and coordinating recruitment and onboarding efforts including scheduling, training, orientation, policy and documentation.
- Administrative support to local area staff and visitors (meeting scheduling, travel, other administrative duties) in coordination with the CIS Administrative Team.
- Event support and coordination with oversight and support from the CIS Corporate Events Team.
- Participate in selected meetings with CIS industry partners, government representatives, and academic/nonprofit organizations in support of CIS collaboration efforts.
- In support of mission areas, conduct Internet research and present results, either verbally or in written communication.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 2+ years in Office Management or Operations roles
- 3+ years in Administrative Support roles
- Experience in talent acquisition
- Ability to properly handle confidential information
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience supporting multiple teams/groups of employees simultaneously, and/or supporting executive level staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication with high degree of professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
*Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications may be substituted for the education requirements
Must Be Able To:
- Drive innovation by analyzing and interpreting data to test and inform a new initiative or approach.
- Accountable for successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate.
- Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met.
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities