Membership Renewal Specialist
The Membership Renewal Specialist is assigned to the Sales & Business Services Team at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the Senior Director of Member Success, the Membership Renewal Specialist will partner with team members to promote the CIS mission and help support our growth. The Membership Renewal Specialist is a critical role within our Member Success team. The primary purpose of this position is to provide quotes/invoices to renewing members and complete the payment process through regular communication (via phone and/or email) during the renewal period. This position will provide exceptional communications to existing customers; ensuring timely payments, executed agreements and retention of members while representing CIS in a professional and courteous manner.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide quotes/invoices to existing members to support the renewal and retention of member organizations
- Navigate customer Vendor systems and process Vendor forms
- Review customer Purchase Orders and determine next terms
- Maintain a positive and cooperative working relationship with the customer while keeping the Member Success team informed
- Assist with maintaining and executing membership agreements with members as well as work closely with CIS Legal Counsel as needed
- Maintain accurate records in the Customer Relations Management (CRM) System (Address, phone/email, new contacts, roles, next steps, etc.)
- Communicate & follow up Member Success team regarding member accounts
- Re-enlist the Member Success team and Management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Solve problems quickly and offer resolutions to the members
- Report to team on outstanding payments and appropriate follow up
- Reconcile payments received with team and finance as determined
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree* in a related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of demonstrated customer service and/or customer relations experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of billing and contract procedures
- Demonstrated experience using a CRM system, such as Salesforce
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Proven ability to problem solve to overcome obstacles and achieve results
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
*Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications may be substituted for the education requirements
It's a Plus if You Have:
- Experience using and administering DocuSign, Conga or like applications.
Must Be Able To:
- Drive innovation by analyzing and interpreting data to test and inform a new initiative or approach.
- Accountable for successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate.
- Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met.
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities