Executive Vice President of Security Services
About the Job
The Executive Vice President of Security Services provides executive leadership for the Security Services organization at the Center for Internet Security (CIS). Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Vice President of Security Services will support our mission to help improve the cybersecurity posture of organizations through a range of products and services. This position is responsible for the development and execution of the Security Services organization’s strategic vision and providing executive leadership to the organization to advance the missions of the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC), the Elections Infrastructure Information Sharing and Analysis Center (EI-ISAC), as well as providing security services and support to government and private sector organizations globally.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain executive level engagement with officials at the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Congress, other Federal agencies, as well as key executives in state and local organizations regarding the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) and Elections Infrastructure Information Sharing and Analysis (EI-ISAC) efforts.
- Provide executive oversight of the CIS Security Operations function including the 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), the Intelligence Team, Vulnerability Management Program, as well as development of ISAC-related tools, capabilities, and processes.
- Responsible for ISAC Stakeholder Engagement activities including Member Programs, Services, Events, and Account Management.
- Lead the identification and pursuit of new areas where CIS can have impact and establish appropriate business relationships.
- Develop strategies and oversee implementation of security-related education, training and awareness efforts for provided to State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) Governments.
- Oversee the CIS cyber education and training efforts including cyber training leveraging unique CIS capabilities (e.g., Security Operations Center).
- Provide leadership for the analysis, evaluation, and deployment of advanced processes, tools, and analytical techniques to enhance the security posture of SLTT’s as well as non-government organizations.
- Engage with international allies to share best practices that result in a mutual benefit and enhance global cybersecurity.
- Identify and engage in senior-level speaking opportunities on behalf of CIS.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum of seven years operating as part of an executive leadership team
- Minimum of five years coordinating with federal, state and local government officials
- Minimum of five years progressive experience in the management of very large scale security operations organizations
- Proven record of strategy development, organizational innovation, and stakeholder engagement
- Experience developing and managing departmental budgets and solid financial acumen
- Demonstrated experience leading in a complex, multi stakeholder organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
It's a Plus if you Have:
- MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience implementing leading edge security products and establishing monitoring capabilities for very large enterprises
- Ten years managing security operations organizations
- Familiarity with state and local information technologies and organizations
- Knowledge of elections processes and infrastructures
- Non-Profit experience
Must Be Able To:
- Champion a continuous learning environment; foster a culture without fear of failure
- Identify projects aligned with organizational strategy and build stakeholder consensus; develop strong people-centric leadership culture
- Possess strong influencing and presentation skills; listen carefully to diverse audiences to understand key points; foster an organizational culture that encourages the open sharing of information and ideas
- Champion change in a way that mitigates concern experienced by others; adapt approach, goals and methods to achieve solutions & results in dynamic situations
- Establish organization-wide strategic priorities for alignment with team/department and individual goals and objectives; clearly communicate organization vision and mission; holds self and others accountable
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities