Elections Program Manager
About the Job
The Elections Program Manager is assigned to the Elections Infrastructure ISAC (EI-ISAC) at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the Director of the EI-ISAC, the Elections Program Manager will partner with other cybersecurity team members to promote the CIS mission and help support our growth. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a subject matter expert on and represent the EI-ISAC in public forums regarding election infrastructure issues. The Elections Program Manager will work with the EI-ISAC Director to build relationships in the elections community and identify tools, products, and initiatives that meet the security needs of election officials.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working collaboratively with both internal and external organizations on CIS efforts for improving cyber security across state and local governments, with a focus on systems supporting elections processes.
- Serve as an interface for collaborating with officials in Federal, State, Local, and Territorial government regarding improving cyber security practices related to elections systems.
- Identify, develop, and lead initiatives to improve member engagement and build a consensus-driven, trust-based organization.
- Identify and report on cybersecurity issues, emerging trends, technology standards, and compliance regulations affecting the election infrastructure subsector.
- Make recommendations to the Director as to the EI-ISAC’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Coordinate with other CIS and MS-ISAC teams to provide election infrastructure subject matter expertise as necessary.
- Recognize, build, and leverage diverse collaborative networks of election professionals in both government and the private sector.
- Professionally represent CIS in a general capacity and present at conferences or meetings as necessary.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.*
- 4+ years’ experience in elections administration or technology.
- Experience working with state and local government officials.
- Proven record of strategic development and engagement.
- Understanding of project management methodology.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
*Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
It's a Plus if You Have:
- MPA or master’s degree in a related field.
- Certified Elections/Registration Administrator.
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity issues
- Experience operating or maintaining election IT systems.
- Experience with government relations or trade associations.
Must be able to:
- Drive innovation by providing active coaching to support colleagues and/or team members in reframing problems and adapting approaches to solve problems either independently or within work team.
- Manage projects simultaneously, producing work related to multiple projects & processes.
- Communicate effectively with strong verbal communication & presentation skills; effectively adjusting written and verbal communication styles to different audiences; listen for understanding.
- Manage change and promote adaptability, encouraging colleagues and team members to align work within a dynamic work environment.
- Take responsibility by creating a culture of accountability through communicating clear goals (associated with project management), objectives, time frames, and expected levels of effort; provide recognition and feedback; actively address any issues in a timely manner.
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities