Director of Business Development – Cloud
The Director of Business Development is responsible for assisting the Senior Vice President of Sales and Business Services in the overall business development strategy and execution with specific focus in the area of security in the cloud and CIS current and future products and services in the cloud. This includes assisting in the development and implementation of a comprehensive business development plan to increase the reach and implementation of CIS security products and services offered in the cloud and enhance revenue opportunities; building and managing distribution channels; developing new relationships; identifying new markets and emerging trends; and growing existing program/product areas. This position is expected to uphold the mission and values established by the organization.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Aggressively build, manage and maintain strategic relationships as well as business channels and networks that result in robust sales pipelines and mission focused strategic opportunities, focused primarily on CIS products and services related to security in the cloud.
- Build an in-depth knowledge of our current and future cloud platform providers and partners as well as member businesses; including their strategies, markets, challenges, business models, personnel and the opportunities they present to CIS.
- Creatively locate high impact potential business deals by contacting both existing and potential cloud platform and service providers, members and partners; to discover and explore new opportunities.
- Assist in developing an evaluation process to gain continuous feedback from members and partners with specific focus on cloud security.
- Attract and retain hardened image and container customers on multiple platforms by developing highly creative outreach strategies in collaboration with Sales and Marketing.
- Implement platform specific requirements to elevate CIS’ standing as a preferred service provider on all platforms providing CIS cloud security solutions.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing deal requirements. Evaluate options; working with Operations and Finance to grow existing cloud security business and win new business opportunities.
- Proactively identify emerging member/customer/partner cloud security needs that can lead to the development of new services and/or product line opportunities.
- Assist in identifying and presenting at strategic events/conferences and planning events/conferences that highlight CIS cloud security products and services.
- Demonstrate knowledge and support the CIS mission, vision, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and Leadership Principles.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the cybersecurity industry with specific focus in the area of security in the cloud. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.*
- 5+ years’ experience in client relationship management, professional services, business development, team leadership, and B2B sales.
- 3+ years of experience successfully driving business development initiatives
- 2+ years of experience in management/supervision
- Proven track record of generating new business in a cybersecurity related field, cloud related business development is preferred.
- Ability to work with recent technological applications relating to daily tasks
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
*Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
It's a Plus if You Have:
- Cloud security or related industry experience
- Experience with marketing tools including HootSuite, HubSpot, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and others
- Must be able to:
Must Be Able To:
- Drive innovation by analyzing and interpreting data to test and inform a new initiative or approach
- Be accountable for successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate
- Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities