Device Engineering Manager
About the Job
The Device Engineering Manager is assigned to the Operations Division at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations the Device Engineering Manager will partner with other cybersecurity team members to promote the CIS mission and help support our growth. The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the Engineering team to maintain the infrastructure used to monitor State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) government networks.
Here’s a Snapshot of your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the personnel, operations, priorities, and training of the Device Engineering Team.
- Organize, plan, direct, control, and supervise all aspects of Engineering division related projects.
- Ensure the overall national network monitoring infrastructure and program is functioning as intended.
- Participate in meetings with potential customers in order to explain the overall monitoring service, as well as to discuss any technical details surrounding the service.
- Ensure that all open tickets are actively being followed-up on and tracked to completion.
- Work collaboratively with other Operations Divisions as needed.
- Keep current in the latest trends and technological advancements surrounding cyber security network monitoring.
- Provide recommendations to senior management as it relates to identifying and developing new ways to expand the overall service offering to SLTT entities.
- Actively work to enhance the processes and procedures used to support the efforts of the CIS Engineering Team.
- On call availability as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for in you?
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Security, Networking and Systems Administration or related field.
- 2+ years management experience in a technical field.
- 3-6 years’ experience as a Systems or Network Administrator, or equivalent knowledge.
- Strong working knowledge of various network security technologies including firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Strong working knowledge of UNIX-based operating systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- The personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within a dynamic and highly operational not-for-profit environment.
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity.
- Master's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Security, Networking and Systems Administration or related field, preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Splunk is highly desirable, preferred
- Familiarity with big data analytics technologies is a plus, preferred
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Maternity, paternity and military leave
- Paid time off upon the date of hire and more!
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities