Cyber Intelligence Analyst
*CIS is no longer accepting applications for this position*
The Cyber Intelligence Analyst (IA) position is assigned to the Intel Team. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an Intel Team member to help collect, analyze, and disseminate cyber intelligence impacting State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) governments. The IA would be responsible for working in the 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC) in East Greenbush, NY, in both a classified and unclassified environment. This position may involve essential duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, collect, and perform analysis of raw, primary and secondary data derived from various sources
- Investigate, document, and report on information cybersecurity issues and emerging trends
- Provide actionable strategic, technical, and tactical cyber information and intelligence to federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial (SLTT) governmental and private sector partners through weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports, briefings, and presentations
- Assist in providing threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services
- Integrate and share information with appropriate CIS, MS-ISAC, federal and SLTT personnel, organizations, and units
- Assist in applying USIC analytical standards
- Responsible for working in both a classified and unclassified intelligence-sharing environment
- Perform tasks independently with some oversight
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Working knowledge of cyber threat intelligence, actors, malware, tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), malware, various security methodologies and processes OR working knowledge of intelligence analysis and tradecraft
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly articulate technical and strategic level cyber matters to a variety of audiences
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Top Secret National Security clearance
- Formal Intelligence Analysis training and government/law enforcement experience preferred
- Master's degree in related field preferred
1+ years experience as an IA, cybersecurity specialist, or related position in a federal or SLTT government or law enforcement agency
- Working knowledge of cyber operational security, log analysis, netflow analysis, incident response, malware analysis, computer forensics, and/or cyber crime
- Working knowledge of the U.S. Intelligence Community, SLTT governments, and/or fusion centers
Personal and Professional Qualities
The successful candidate will possess the personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within a dynamic and highly operational not-for-profit environment. This person will have exemplary personal and professional integrity and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. In addition, the qualified candidate will have a strong desire to succeed in a nationally and internationally recognized operational environment.
CIS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, on-site wellness program, community involvement opportunities, along with an environment that promotes growth and professional development.
*Candidates should provide a writing sample along with their resume. Contact email@example.com if a secure communication channel is required.