Cloud Solutions Architect
The Cloud Solutions Architect is assigned to the Benchmarks team at the Center for Internet Security. Reporting to the Sr. VP of Benchmarks, the Cloud Solutions Architect will partner with other cybersecurity team members to promote the CIS mission and help support our growth. The Cloud Solutions Architect position will work closely with the Cloud Product Owner (PO). The primary purpose of this position is to focus on development and architecture of CIS customer focused products in multiple Cloud Service Providers (CSP).
We are looking for someone who understands and can convey Cloud development strategies. The successful candidate will be a product developer who can build a base product concept to meet the different services offered among the different Cloud Service providers that CIS operates in.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identify and define technical requirements for a Cloud-based application
- Identify Cloud services that meet a specific technical requirements
- Scripting using tools such as PowerShell, Linux, R, Windows, etc.
- Develop and implement cloud migration strategies
- Coordinate and communicate solutions related to InfoSec policies and procedures
- Develop containerization solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- 2+ years of professional Cloud experience (engineering/administration)
- 4+ years of professional Systems Administration or similar experience
- Hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS, Google or Azure
- Hands-on experience using cloud compute, networking, storage, and database servicesHands-on experience managing both Linux and Windows servers.
- Hands-on experience with logs, services, applications and system updates.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Shared Responsibility Model along with security features and tools that the CSP's provide and how they relate to traditional services
- Experience with programming languages such as Ruby, Python or Go with preference given to Python.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
*Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
It's a Plus if You Have:
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible and/or Jenkins
- Experience in a large, enterprise environment (regional is acceptable, national is preferred)
- Proficiency using Atlassian products Jira and Confluence.
- Proficiency in agile development method SCRUM
- Strong knowledge of the different service models offered in the cloud (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, and FaaS)
Must be able to:
- Drive innovation by providing active coaching to support colleagues and/or team members in reframing problems and adapting approaches to solve problems either independently or within work team.
- Manage projects simultaneously, producing work related to multiple projects & processes.
- Communicate effectively with strong verbal communication & presentation skills; effectively adjusting written and verbal communication styles to different audiences; listen for understanding.
- Manage change and promote adaptability, encouraging colleagues and team members to align work within a dynamic work environment.
- Take responsibility by creating a culture of accountability through communicating clear goals (associated with project management), objectives, time frames, and expected levels of effort; provide recognition and feedback; actively address any issues in a timely manner.
The CIS Offer
- A culture that is engaging, fun and energetic
- An organization that supports Work/Life balance
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Bonding and military leave
- Paid time off upon date of hire
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- On-site wellness programs
- Community involvement opportunities
- An environment that promotes growth and professional development including our award-winning training opportunities